Birthday | hello 24 !

/

So I turned 24 this month!!
This last year past through so so so fast. Plenty of things happened and most them were huge changes for me. However, even though many of them were difficult and hard to cope with i feel truly thankful and very happy for everything I have in my life right now.
This year I celebrated my birthday at my new home in Athens, with all my dear friends and loved ones and it felt amazing to actually be surrounded with all these people that I missed for the past 5 years of my life.


Well, since I never posted my resolution for 2014 I think now is the right time to share four maybe extremely cliche things that are really important for ones life and we, people, often forget. These four things are the things I try to live by and it is my goal to never forget them.

WALK AT YOUR OWN PACE
For some reason, ever since I was a little girl I was a bit slow. Not bored nor unable to do things, but I always need my time to process things and make decisions. I used to feel really bad about that. Mostly because during my studies I was surrounded by many people who were really really faster than me. At some point though, we need to accept our pace and walk at it. Cause everyone has different abilities and that's just fine.

TRUST YOUR GUTS 
If I've learned something the past year is to trust my guts. i used to over-analyze things but i deeply believe that the best thing one has to do in order to make the best decision for him and therefore have a good life, is to trust his gut. Even when i end, after hours or days of analyzing something, believing which is the right thing to do, if my stomach hurts then it doesn't feel right.

SURROUND YOURSELF WITH POSITIVE PEOPLE
And that's so so so important! I've many times been around pessimists. Believe me - the worst thing to do. Optimistic and positive people live longer and have by far a better life than people who tend to be negative. Plus people who surround themselves with optimists tend to be more happy as well!

STAY TRUE TO YOURSELF
So this combines all the above more or less. We have only one life and it is a pitty to spend it trying to satisfy others or being someone that we are not. Many times people feel different and isolated when being their selves, but trust me, there is absolutely no f**ing way to be alone out there. After all we are 7 billion people on this planet. Even if you are the weirdest you don't compromise yourself, you're all you've got after all!!

Last but not least, I want to mention how thankful I am for my family. I've talked before about how big it is and I couldn't be happier for having four lovely siblings. That being said, I want to thank my lovely sister, who is the designer behind the madame shou shou brand, for the dress you see on the photos above. And I also want to send my love to my brother who is getting married this Saturday to a lovely woman who will make a perfect wife. Tenia, welcome to our family!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram