Recipe | Fusilloni Au Gratin

/
I'm pretty sure it is the first time I'm sharing a pasta recipe with you. This is because, unlike most people I know, I'm not a pasta person at all. Weird huh? However, I'm a student. And when it comes to student kind of food, pasta always wins. This recipe is nothing new to many of you, I'm sure. BUT it is the second best pasta recipe ever! And by second I mean that I'll be sharing the best best pasta recipe with you soon.


In the culinary arts, the term au gratin refers to a dish that is baked with a topping of cheese. The au gratin topping should be golden brown and crispy. 
The basic ingredients you will need to make this au gratin recipe are :
fusilloni pasta
butter
creme fraiche 
onion
bacon
and of course cheese. I used Parmesan and Regato cheese. 
I also added green peppers :) To add some color!!
First of all you need to know that you don't have to stick to the ingredients to make this recipe. For example, I used fusilloni (big big big fusilli pasta), but of course you can choose your favorite pasta instead. I would recommend you to avoid spaghetti or anything long though. Secondly, you can add or remove any vegetables you like too. Today I used green peppers but I've had it with lot of combinations before. 

So, let's get down to business.
Preheat you oven to 180C. Boil your pasta in seasoned water, while in a saucepan add the butter and then the bacon and the onions. When the pasta is ready, mix all your ingredients together (without cheese) and transfer the mixture in a gratin dish. Sprinkle the Parmesan and Reggato cheese on top and bake it for about 20mins, or until golden on top.

And if you're not into to cooking so much, believe me... this is the ultimate recipe to amaze your guests! Enjoy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram