Foodie | Briam in a pot

/
So the other day I was starving and I really wasn't in the mood for pasta again. My refrigerator was full of veggies waiting to be consumed and I decided to make something like Briam but not in the oven. Anyway, in a sense, I made Briam in a pot. 
I used potatoes, eggplants, green peppers, red onions, cherry tomatoes and zucchinis. I think that this food is all about "use whatever you have left" so I won't get into deets about how much of each vegetable I used. For example, if you have some carrots they would work well too I think! 
In my case, I had some boiled potatoes so I used them but if I were you, I'd cook the potatoes for about 5mins  before using them. 
So, first drizzle the onions.. Then add all the veggies (diced) in the pot and let them cook over medium heat for 5mins. Add a cup of water or some sauce if you have it -I liquidized some tomatoes with olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper. Then it's time for the potatoes again. Add them to the pot, cover it and let it cook for 20mins. Serve with chopped parsley and some freshly ground pepper. 

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, that looks delish! i will definitely try this recipe, just got potatoes from the farmer's market! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this seems wayyyy delicious..I think I'm gonna start making it more often..Actually I'm not a Briam fan at all but thanks to you I am now..Plus I love your Blog it's so cute and inspiring..I just started reading it..Good Job!
    (Your dog is really cute :))

    ~Mary-Kate

    ReplyDelete

Instagram