Feeling Thankful

/

Hello and Happy Thanksgiving. 
The truth is I didn't have in mind to write anything about Thanksgiving, since we don't celebrate this in Greece. I actually had completely different plans for today's post. But things can change just in a glimpse of an eye. And that's something important to keep in mind.
I try to be as personal as needed in this blog. I don't want to overload you with my feelings and emotions. On the contrary, I try to be as optimistic and light as possible. 
But today I really feel the need to share something more personal with you. Something really terrible happened yesterday and all this giving thanks thing, just moves me a little bit more now. My best friend, M., lost her dear mother, and because I've been in her shoes three years ago when my father passed away, I want to be close to her, give her my love, support and whatever she needs. Therefore, I will go to Athens for the weekend, to be with her, and probably I won't be around much. But I'm sure you'll understand. Right? 
These kind of situations though, always make me think about the beautiful things we people have in life and take for granted. I don't want to get too deep, but please, take a moment and think. 

And since the day is all about being thankful, I need to share with you a couple of things that make me feel thankful myself. My friends and family. Maybe too common but seriously, I can't even imagine my life without the people I love. First of all I want to thank my friends for loving me and accepting me for who I truly am, without judging or pushing me to change. I want to thank them for being in my life and I need them to know they are the family I choose to have. And that's just very special and important to me. Secondly, I want my family to know how terribly proud I am that I'm one of them!! And I totally mean that. I had the chance to grow up with the privileges of being a lonely child and of being the youngest child of a lovely and huge family as well. The perks of being a divorced parents child... That makes my family really huge, believe me! I have had hard times and great times too, but I never never forget how much I love them. And when I do, please someone punch me in the face :) Especially moments like this make me feel even luckier. Plus, I really want my unborn nieces to know how much I love them...without even meeting them yet. Because a loss always makes people embrace life. And life is about to be created...and I'm so thankful for that!

Please have a great time today. Take care of your lovely families and make sure they know how much you love them. Cause I'm sure you do. Even if they are a bit weird, loud or anything else funny :)

- M I love your very much. I'm sure you already know that, but you know..., saying it here, out loud, makes it even bigger! And I want you to know that I will be there for you no matter what. Seriously, no matter what. Because that's what friends do. Support one another. And laugh, cry, gossip, go shopping and even fight every now and then. And we two...make a hell of a friendship my lovely M. And that you know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram