recipe | Summer Cheesecake

/
How about starting our week with a fresh and delicious recipe? 
I don't know about you but during summer I love my desserts fruity and light. And this cheesecake combines all that, plus it is great cause it's served right from the fridge!! You can save it in it for more than a week (if you manage not to consume it right away) and it makes a great dessert to satisfy your sweet-toothed guests as well! Personally, I had to make it because I lost a bet that I wasn't supposed to lose BUT believe me it is totally worth it and you will love it!! And who doesn't want a cheesecake recipe in his archive, right? I have probably quite a few written down and this one is by far the best I've tried. 
INGREDIETNS
base
450gr digestive biscuits
200gr butter
cream
300gr Philadelphia cream-cheese
200gr Mascarpone cream-cheese
400ml dairy cream
1 cup caster sugar

INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat your oven to 180C. Prepare a round cake pan (mine is 27cm wide). Add a metallic mixing bowl in the cooler (this will help you with the dairy cream).

Crush the biscuits either using a pestle or a food processor. Melt the butter, pour it in the crumbed biscuits and mix until fully combined, so that you have a biscuit paste. Add the paste in the pan and spread it all over it so that it forms a nice straight thick base. Bake for about 10-12' and then let it cool completely.

Remove the metallic mixing bowl from the cooler. Pour in it the dairy cream and start beating with your mixer. If you don't have an electric one, it's fine, you'll just need to be a bit patient. When the cream starts to bubble add gradually the caster sugar. Beat until you have a fluffy foam. Add the philadelphia and mascarpone cheese and combine really carefully and slowly so that the whipped cream doesn't lose a lot of volume. When the mixture is fully combined add it on top of the biscuit base. Leave it in the fridge to cool for at least 4 hours before serving. 

> serve it with your favorite jam or chopped fruit! I used my favorite Bonne Maman strawberry jam <
Enjoy!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram