DIY | Origami Christmas Trees [repeat]

/

One year ago, when my blog had only a couple of readers (my mom and maybe a friend or two) I made some origami christmas trees and shared them here. Back then my little trees hardly made it to pinterest. However, this year my trees seem to be my basic traffic source. Therefore, I decided to write a post, ode to my trees and all the amazing people who actually followed my tutorial and made them themselves (see some of them on the photo above)! And for those of you who still need to add some finishing touches to your festive decorations or want to throw a craft party for your children and haven't stumbled upon my last year's post :)
To tell you the truth, the main reason I'm writing this post is because I really want to thank each and every person that shared my little trees on their blog, website, pinterest DIY board, even instagram and twitter. Since I haven't been around the blogosphere for a long time, this post's success made me tremendously happy. And not that numbers matter, but from having around 3000 monthly page views to having almost 60000 is a major change!! Not that the trees are the only reason...I really want to believe that people do have other reasons to return here :) But, still...
Anyway! Since so many people got interested in learning how to make the trees, I recently uploaded a new tutorial video too on vimeo. And I'm glad to know that many people actually made their own trees!! it really made me even happier to know that my tutorial helped and came in handy. So if you want to watch it, here is the video too :)


xmas origami tree from AnnaRosa on Vimeo.


And because a proper ode post cannot be written without mentioning all the lovely people that made that happen, here are the links to the blogs and sites that featured my origami trees! And if I miss someone let me know and sorry in advance :) Please, do spend a couple of minutes-or more-to check them out..


PS: Except for the first three blogs which are the ones that actually made and shared their own trees (pictured above), the rest of the list is completely randomly ordered :) Some of them are blogs, other are websites (like Be, Adressa and Afterposten). Plus many of them are written in foreign languages, such as Danish, German and Spanish. Anyway, I'm sure you'll figure it out :) So...one more time..I'm so incredibly thankful and happy for my little paper trees and their success! And since many of you may be interested in making your own trees as well, I thought it was a good idea to share the post again with you :)

have a great week y'all!! hohoho

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram