RECIPE | Vegetable Soup

/

So this happened today. The truth is I wasn't expecting my first post after my Eurotrip to be a recipe but I guess people have their weaknesses. First and foremost I wan't to say an enormous THANK YOU to all the kind ladies -and Nathan- who took over my little blog while I was spending some quality time abroad. I am sure you all enjoyed their lovely posts. I, for one, couldn't be more happy with my guest posters :) 

Secondly, I want to show you this soup I made from scratch earlier today! I'm so so excited, it was delicious and extremely easy to make, so I couldn't help myself but sharing it with you on the spot. I'm not entirely sure the photo illustrates the deliciousness but guuuuuuuuys if you are at any level soup persons you will love this one. 

INGREDIENTS (serves two)
4 medium sized tomatoes
4 carrots
a stalk of celery
one handful of broccoli
truffle oil and/or flavored salt
regular salt and freshly ground pepper
pink peppercorn for styling


INSTRUCTIONS
You will either need a steamer or an oven. If you prefer using the oven, preheat it to 200C and add the vegetables, roughly chopped on the top rack. Cook until there are soft. In the steamer case, add the vegetables on the lower level and cook for about 25'. The main difference between these ways is that the soup will have a more roasted flavor in the case of the oven. It's up to your liking though!

Meanwhile, bring 5 cups of water to boil and dilute the salt and pepper in it. If you have truffle salt don't use it now. Just the regular salt. When the veggies are ready add them in the mixer and beat them. Gradually add the water. Do that until the soup looks smooth. 

The last step depends again on your taste. In case you're hosting a dinner party and want to serve this soup as an appetizer I recommend you to follow it, but if you're just making it for yourself it's not that important. Since the soup has no potatoes nor cream in it, it won't be completely smooth. Therefore, in order to make it more appealing in the eye and better in terms of texture, I suggest you to strain it. I repeat it's not necessary. 

After serving, add some truffle oil and salt on top of it, along with some pink peppercorn, which besides giving a nice touch of pinkish red on the dish, it adds something unique to the soup as well! 

Enjoy !




No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram