When I stumbled upon all these tutorials about crayon melting I was thrilled! It is so easy to make funny shaped crayons for kids that I'm kinda jealous I didn't have some when I was a child. I used heart molds but I would love to have more shapes. So, if you want to make your own funny shaped crayons...
a bunch of crayons
and some small one-use bowls
(you can also buy some safe baking molds beforehand)
- remove paper from crayons
- break them and put them either in the one-use bowls or in the baking molds
- in the oven (200C) until crayons are fully melted (takes about 15mins)
- in case you used one-use bowls, pour into the molds
- let dry completely
- remove from the molds and.....TA DAAA!!
note:: it is nice to put them in small bags as a gift! I made mine like that and my godchild was thrilled to bits!!