Happy Sunday *

/
Two Sundays ago I was travelling to Kefallonia! The journey was pretty huge and exhausting so I spent my time observing people around me. On my way, I met a really nice French family. A mom, a dad and two beautiful girls, round 10 and 8 years old each. I was amazed by the way the girls where playing around on the boat deck. They were hanging from whatever is possible to hang, leaning against the railing etc. 
And I couldn't help but wonder, is it my idea or the Greek children have always a supervisor/adult/parent to look after whatever they do and yelling "watch out! be careful! I told you not to do this! " ? 
I remember when I was a child I was always barefoot playing in the backyard and no one was so obsessed to supervise me. All my friends parents, and specially moms, where always so overprotected. Anyway, I m not a parent so I can't have a fully formed opinion about that. But I strongly believe that parents should trust their children. Otherwise, the children will always feel secure to do whatever they think, only because their mom will be behind them to catch them the exact moment before jumping of the cliff. 
Just saying, cause I was so positively impressed by the french parents I met. Maybe I m wrong though. How did you grow up? 

Anna-Rosa

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram